Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lemon Linguine

You know, I've never actually made this dish with linguine. We always just buy the cheapest pasta, so I make this with spaghetti. It still tastes great, but I don't feel like I can change the name of the dish just because I use a different kind of noodle - Lemon Linguine sounds so much catchier than Lemon Spaghetti to me.

I got this recipe from my sister. We love it - it has a delicate lemon flavor that accents the whole thing but isn't overpowering. I'd talk more about how yummy this is, but I've got a migraine and am not feeling very wordy. So just make it and find out for yourself. :-)


Lemon Linguine
8 ounces uncooked linguine (or spaghetti noodles)
3 tbsp. butter or stick margarine
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dried basil (I've used Italian seasoning too)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a saucepan, cook linguine in boiling water for 8-10 minuets or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine butter, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder and lemon pepper, cook and stir until butter is melted. Drain linguine, add to butter mixture and toss to coat. Add Parmesan cheese and toss. Serve.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves to help in the kitchen and I have been trying to find different things she can make on her own with little help from me. This would be perfect! I will be sure to give credit for this dish on her blog (http://cookingwithdani.blogspot.com) when she makes it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Macomb Money Savers said...

We used to make Lemon Linguine all the time (I found it in a Taste of Home cookbook), but haven't made it in such a long time. It's easy and mild enough to complement lots of dishes. And it is especially delicious served with fish!

Patsyk said...

I love lemon in many dishes, but never thought to try it in a simple pasta dish like this... will be making this sometime soon as it should be a nice change for the summer.

Michelle said...

How funny! I just made this for our friends who came to stay for a few days. They loved it, and their kids, so they went home with the recipe.

If you happen to make too much, the leftovers are delicious as the base in spaghetti pie. :-) Which they also loved and left with the recipe for!

Katy ~ said...

Yum, my lips are smacking at the thought of this!

shweetpotato said...

looks and sounds delicious, my daughter and I love pasta plain, hubby needs to have meat in his to get filled up (or so he thinks lol) I bet I could put some chicken chunks on his and he would love this, thanks so much, Carmen

Becca said...

Thanks for posting this! I made it for dinner tonight and it was so good! We all loved it! I posted it on my blog and linked it back here so people can get the recipe!

Quick Recipes said...

Lovely ! Going to try this !