Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Sauceless Pizza


At around quarter to six this evening, I decided it was finally time to think about what we should have for dinner. I wanted something quick, simple, nutritious, and absolutely delicious.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Turns out that, no, it's not too much to ask. I remembered that Rustic Garlic Onion Pizza I made a while back, and decided that was the way to go. So I pretty much made that tonight.

Here are the changes I made:
I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose for the crust.
I sliced a fresh tomato from my parents' garden and used that instead of the chopped onion.
I grated the mozzarella on instead of slicing it, so that it would cover the whole surface.
I put this in a 9x13 instead of a baking sheet, and it made the edges more even. It fit the pan perfectly.

The result? This pizza was every bit as delicious and wonderful as the original garlic onion pizza. Hooray!

Makes 8 pieces
Calories: about 150 per piece

1 comment:

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Pizza is one of my all-time favourite foods and this looks superyummy!