Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cranberry Butter


There weren't a lot of people on my poll who voted for unique cranberry sauces, but there were a few, and I wanted to post at least one special cranberry accompaniment anyway. This is a delicious flavored butter to spread on your Thanksgiving rolls, such as Freezer Crescent Rolls. It is sweet and rich, thanks to the brown sugar and honey, and it is tart and pink, thanks to the cranberries. It's very pretty, and is sure to be a hit.

Cranberry Butter
3/4 cup butter, softened (margarine is okay too)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. honey
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
2 tbsp. chopped walnuts, optional

In a small mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and honey until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add cranberries and walnuts if desired; beat 5 minutes longer or until butter turns nice and pink.

Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap; roll into a log.


Refrigerate until chilled. Unwrap and slice or place on a butter dish. Yields 1 1/3 cup.

This would be perfect on those crescent rolls I posted this morning, but since I didn't have any baked right now, I threw together some hoe cake and we ate it with that. Delicious!

9 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

That looks so colorful and tasty!

Jessica said...

What a tasty idea! I've added this to my menu list this month. I also plan to make your pumpkin-sauced pizza this weekend.

Meg said...

Love your crescent rolls. This butter looks delicious and would taste good on so many baked goods!

Joan said...

That is so neat! What a nice thing to have on the thanksgiving dinner table. You are awesome!

Jen said...

Steph this is a GREAT idea to use with your crescents or mouth-watering rolls! Looks really-really good. My mouth is watering.

Jen said...

haha! You sure love that hoe cake don'tchya!!

Another idea I'll have to try!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Oh yum! This looks amazing! I love cranberry anything and I'm sure this would be a holiday favorite at Thanksgiving :)

Kristine said...

I'm new here...thanks for the idea. Cranberry butter will be on our Thanksgiving table thanks to you!

Anonymous said...

i have never heard anyone else refer to that as a hoe cake. my dad calls it that and it was a staple growing up.