Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spaghetti Pie

This is a great dish to use up leftover spaghetti and sauce. Or you can make spaghetti and sauce specifically for this pie, because it's yummy enough to not wait until you have the leftovers!

Wo is me for I had to take these pictures in the awful evening lighting again!

Spaghetti Pie
About 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
1 or 2 eggs (recipe calls for 2, I got away with using 1)
2/3 cup shredded cheese
Some thick and chunky spaghetti sauce (I used 1/4 lb. ground beef cooked with celery and carrot, then added tomato paste, diced tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and some brown sugar)
More shredded cheese (mozzarella) for topping

Combine drained spaghetti with egg and shredded cheese. Press into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Spoon spaghetti sauce over spaghetti crust. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Slice and serve!



Don't forget to enter my giveaway for delicious homemade chocolate truffles here! It's open until Friday evening. :-)

5 comments:

Leslie M. said...

Steph, this looks delish..
I make something like this, but darn if I do NOT have a recipe... I just do it as a I go along.. and I betcha it is almost exactly YOUR recipe... except I use BOCA crumbles! I add some Italian seasoning too to kinda give it some more zing!

I love it!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

That looks yummy, Stephanie. I will hae to make this soon.

Emily said...

This looks yummy! My grandmother made me a recipe book with all of the family recipes new and old..some I havent even heard of..anyway, one recipe was for Spaghetti pie. I didn't think it would turn out so I havent made it, but yours looks soooo yummy!! I will definitely try it soon!

Michele said...

Searching high & low for the perfect spaghetti pie recipe, I stumbled upon your blog! Am so glad I did, am looking forward to many more budget-friendly recipes!

Anonymous said...

Finally made this! Wasn't a personal favourite, but blogged about it for others to try!