Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Blossom Bites

Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I've been in a cookie-making mood. I made some chocolate cookies the other day that weren't really great, and today I decided to try again. I saw a couple peanut butter blossom recipes that looked tasty (for those who don't know, peanut butter blossoms are basically peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses pressed into them as soon as they're taken out of the oven). It really got me in the mood for making my own blossoms, but I didn't have any chocolate kisses. I decided to get creative and make miniature blossoms using small cookies and chocolate chips.


Peanut Butter Blossom Bites
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350, and grease cookie sheets.

Combine all ingredients. Drop dough in 1/2-teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets (I was able to fit 2 dozen onto each 10x15 sheet). Bake in preheated oven 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate chip onto each cookie. Let sit a minute or two on the cookie sheet to solidify a bit, then carefully remove onto plates; the cookies will still be quite soft, I used a butter knife to lift them off the baking sheet. You can't really use cooling racks for these cookies because they're so small.


This recipe made just over 7 dozen cookies. By the time the last cookies were removed from the last baking sheet, we had already eaten 22 cookies. I use the term "we" lightly - Zaylee had two cookies and Thomas helped himself to about six (seriously, I turned around after taking pictures and he had snuck four right off the plate). As for the other...um...fourteen cookies...well, let's just say that Zaylee and Thomas and Jeff didn't eat them...



Seriously? Did I really eat fourteen cookies? Wow....

6 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm sure they were so tiny that fourteen cookies hardly adds up to any calories at all!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this idea! Bite-sized cookies are so fun - and I always have the ingredients in my pantry!

Rebekah said...

yummy!! I was just thinking about making some cookies and these are perfect-I bet my visiting teaching gals would love them too!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Bridget said...

Yum!!! Tiny cookies are so dangerous! ;)

Meg said...

Love your mini blossoms! Looks like we were both in a blossom mood this V-Day!

Abby said...

Good recipe. I'll try this one ;) happy Love day ;)