Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tuna Chili Mac

I made this up tonight for dinner. I started with a basic tuna noodle, then added tomatoes and seasonings. It turned out really yummy.

8 oz. elbow macaroni
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tuna, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, partially drained (leave some of the juice with the tomatoes)
1/2 cup cooked lentils (or canned corn, drained)
1 tsp. each chili powder, cumin
1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder
1/4 cup french fried onions
2-3 oz. shredded cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, then return to pan. Add soup, tuna, tomatoes, lentils, and seasonings. Heat through. Sprinkle with french fried onions and shredded cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts. Great served with tortilla chips (or crackers).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that this is late - I made the tuna chili mac and it was very good. I want to make your lasagne and your hot dog guy too! Thanks for being my partner. I have found a new quick dinner dish!!