Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quick Fruit Cobbler

This is a very quick and easy cobbler recipe, and can use any fruit you have on hand.


Quick Fruit Cobbler
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups fruit (fresh, frozen, or canned)

Combine all ingredients except fruit, mix just until blended. Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish (I doubled the recipe and used a 9x13). Top with fruit. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. The dough will rise and become a crust on top of the fruit.


The consistency of the cobbler will vary depending on what fruit you use, and how much juice it has. I used drained canned peaches, and am eager to try a variety of other fruits with this easy and yummy recipe.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

That looks delicious! I think I'll try it tomorrow!

The Better Baker said...

I was just thinking about the jar of home canned peaches in my pantry...my daughter-in-love canned them, using splenda, and I've been waiting to find a recipe just like this one to make. You nailed it with this yummy dish. Thanks -

Marilyn said...

Pectin- You. are. awesome! This was not only delicious, but it went together so quickly! I did it in about 5 minutes, with a baby in my arms who kept trying to grab everything! We had it warm with vanilla ice cream and it was heavenly!