Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mrs. Fields Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies - Top Secret Recipes Version

Jeff and I have several books in the Top Secret Recipes series. We love being able to make copycat versions of foods that we usually wouldn't otherwise get (because we're too cheap to pay for them, haha). This is a recipe from Top Secret Recipes Unlocked; it's a copycat version of Mrs. Fields Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies. I made these for a picnic at the zoo with the in-laws. I have to admit that the star of the meal was my sister-in-law's chicken salad, but these cookies were super good too. :-)


Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Top Secret Recipes version of Mrs. Fields cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chopped dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted these, we don't usually put nuts in our cookies)
3/4 cup white chocolate chunks (I used white baking chips)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed.

In another bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

Stir the dry ingredients into the wet stuff until blended. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, and white chocolate.

Spoon 1/4 cup portions 2 inches apart onto a nonstick surface (parchment paper, silicone mat, or Release foil [I just greased my cookie sheet, none of that fancy stuff for me]) on baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown - the cookies will still be soft in the center. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.

These cookies came out very large, a little crispy on the edges, and nice and soft in the middle. Yum!!

3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Dare I say, I've never had a nibble of Mrs. Field's products. I may regret that after seeing this post. Those cookies sound oh so yummy!!! They look pretty good too!

Copycat recipes simply amaze me. I wish I had the kind of palate where I could deduce ingredients. So cool...

P.S. I have some goodies for your picnic basket, Stephanie, but I couldn't find your email anywhere. Drop me a note so I can send them along. acalenda [at] gmail [dot] com. See ya at the Picnic! I can hardly wait to see what you're bringing!!!

Megan said...

These sound yummy! Now, since you mentioned it in your post, I have to ask... are you going to share your SIL's star chicken salad recipe?

Stephanie said...

I wish, Megan. She didn't give me the recipe. *pout*