Monday, September 15, 2008

Cocoa Mix / Chocolate Milk

I have a guest blogger today - my dear hubby Jeff. He made this yummy treat and wrote up this post.

This is Jeff here.

Stephanie recently came home from an enrichment activity where they were shown recipes and uses for powdered milk. One of the recipes was for hot chocolate mix and it mentioned that you could also chill it.

I love chocolate milk and this recipe rules! This is the second time that I made it. The first time I only made a half gallon (big mistake - it was too good to only make a half gallon). This time I made a whole gallon. It's good warm, it's good cold. Try it, enjoy it, love it.


Instant Cocoa Mix
4 cups instant powdered milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup non-dairy creamer (optional)
2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

To make cocoa mix - Combine ingredients and store until ready to use. Add 1/3 cup mix to 1 1/2 cups hot water.

To make chocolate milk - Mix together 11 cups of water, powdered milk, sugar, cocoa, creamer, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan with a wire whisk. Heat on medium until warm, just before boiling. Don't let the mixture boil or you'll scald the milk. Pour into a gallon sized container and chill in the refrigerator. Mix before serving each time as the mixture will settle.


Sorry, I just had to include this picture. I just got my Clinical Laboratory Science diploma, and wanted to display it!

6 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh, it's just the right weather for this! I have also loved homemade hot cocoa, but I will have to try this one as my other recipe has Nesquick (read more expensive). Thanks for the great recipe, Jeff. And BTW I totally would not make this recipe if I hadn't seen that diploma, as you would not be a credible source. (congratulations!)

Maria said...

Looks like a great beverage! Congrats on your diploma!

Sara said...

Love the cocoa mix idea! Very useful at my house. I am loving your blog. You've got some great ideas. We have a blog award for you at www.mysisterscucina.blogspot.com . Check it out!

Hayley said...

Hi Jeff! How sweet of you to post your recipe, it looks great. Congratulations on your diploma :-)

Rebekah said...

We are HUGE chocolate milk fans in this house!! Thanks for sharing, I am for sure going to make this one!!!! I wish our enrichment nights would do something like this. :O)

Melanie said...

I'm gonna have to make this too! LOL I better leave your blog or I'll gain 10 lbs.
:)